No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Monday, September 25, 2006

The First Sex with Bex!

My first Sex with Bex came out today! Let me know if you want hard copies, but here it is:

Sex With Bex

Welcome to Sex with Bex, a sex positve, sex advice, (and somewhat sexy) new feature of The Peak! I am Bex, a sex positive (and somewhat sexy) fourth year Women’s studies student with a goal to bring clear and comfortable answers to questions on all subjects related to any kind of sex. How did I get here you ask? At the age of eleven when I started to develop my woman body, my mother used to trap me in the car in order to tell me anything about puberty or sex. I found it horribly uncomfortable and awkward. After two years of turning bright red in sex ed. classes and leaving the room when the content of tv shows I was watching with my family got too sexual, I decided I couldn’t avoid sex forever. Especially since I was so damned interested in it. I consciously decided to get over my awkwardness and I hope that in writing this column other people will make an effort to deconstruct the uncomfortable feelings and silences that can surround that troublesome topic of sex.

Question:

Hey Bex,

I was recently watching the audio commentary on a Family Guy episode and the guys kept talking about how they had to re-record the commentary for that episode because one of them explained what “blumpkin” is. Based on what they were saying I think it’s a sexual term of some kind. Do you know?
-Linguistically Confused

Answer:

Dear Linguistically Confused,

I appreciate folk who are brave enough to ask questions about slang terms for sex acts. I thought I knew them all when in grade 10 I finally got up the courage to ask someone what a 69 was. Blumpkin was a new one for me too. According to urbandictionary.com, a blumpkin refers to receiving fellatio (blow job) while defecating (pooping), thus combining two pleasurable bodily releases. The key to the blumpkin seems to be timing both bodily functions, which could be challenging. There is also the cunnilumpkin, which refers to a woman being eaten out while defecating.

If anyone out there is planning on attempting a blumpkin or cunnilumpkin, be safe and be sure not to ingest any fecal matter since micro-organisms that cause intestinal diseases and STIs can be passed all too easily that way. Also, be very careful not to let fecal matter come in contact with the vulva because that can result in very unpleasant urinary tract infections, etc. (Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity, 2004) And please, oh please be aware of splash-back!



Question:

Dear Bex,
Last week my girlfriend was giving me head and she scared the hell out of me by pulling my foreskin down past the head. I was never circumcised and have never known the skin to go down that far. Did my foreskin tear? I did experience a brief moment of unpleasantness then, but it seems ok now.

From, Jack the Ripped

Answer:

Dear Jack the Ripped,

Don’t worry! Your girlfriend did not break your foreskin, just stretched out its attachment to your penis a little. The foreskin is attached to the glans of the penis (right under the urethral opening) by a small ligament called the frenulum. The frenulum has the exact same make up as that little attach-y bit under your tongue. Its job is to hold the foreskin in place and return it back to its regular upright position after it has been retracted. (foreskin.org/frenulum)

There is, however, a condition called “frenulum breve” where the frenulum basically tethers the foreskin to the glans of the penis. Because the frenulum is shorter it can rip when the foreskin is pulled back during masturbation or with oral/penetrative sex. When it rips, it should heal quickly and the foreskin should be able to move along the shaft of the penis freely. Sometimes the frenulum rejoins and heals shorter than before and can cause pain, ripping, or bleeding with every sexual encounter. If sex or masturbation continues to be painful or cause you any frenulum stress you should see a doctor to get it checked out. (http://www.male-initiation.net)

If you have any questions for the next edition of Sex with Bex send them freely and frequently to bexualintercourse@gmail.com. Remember to lube up and play safe!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tederick said...

Oh we are ONTO SOMETHING here.

10:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home