No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Thursday: We Don't Need No Education!

I think the power of 30 000 people chanting "We Don't Need No Education!" had some affect on me, because on Thursday Steve and I drove to Guelph, had some lunch, stood outside of my Zoology lecture, and decided to drive back to Toronto. I never ever do things like this. I am, as I say, a good girl. I go to my classes and my meetings and I feel guilty if I don't. It was painstakingly difficult to make the decision to leave, but I'm so glad I did. Part of my goals for the year is to allow myself to do more reckless and adventurous things. Especially when there are no real consequences, like on Thursday.

We got back to Toronto with enough time for Steve to get to a short meeting at UofT, where I ran into Simon and ended up going for coffee. It was an excellent Thursday, if you ignore the struggle with guilt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home