No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Saturday: Marooned

Saturday I managed to get home at least a little bit early in the afternoon in order to spend some time with my family before Jess, Steve and one of Ben's friends came over for Rosh Hashanah dinner. I was feeling dazed though from too many nights of intoxication (even if they were all fairly mild), and I always get stressed and pressured about where to spend my time when I'm home on the weekends. Especially since I want to see Ben and I end up getting all stuck at Steves. Stuck in a good way, because sometimes I just don't want to leave him, and sometimes that ttc seems way too daunting. Anyway, feeling torn is really terrible and I need to work some sort of system out or it's going to kill me again this year.

After an excellent family dinner, a very stressed out me, Steve and Jess all headed over to Steve's place to get pirated up. We all ended up looking pretty damn good if I do say so myself. We got to the party around 10:30 and were greeted halfway down the block by a stumbling Jack Sparrow. And then there was the rum. My god the rum. I ended up taking two very drunk loved ones home and caring for them as only a pirate wench can.

All in all the party was quite excellent. There was none of the former awkwardness or responsibility I used to feel in having my roommates and my partner with me at 3QF. Now they all function seperate from me, which is excellent. There was only a brief moment of feeling like I was too young to really be there, and a slight sugary gooey rummy sickness that set in around two in the morning and didn't really leave until late today, which was unfortunate. Otherwise I was quite happy to pirate it up in celebration of Matt Brown. Yar.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tederick said...

I forgot about the stumbling Jack Sparrow and the halfway up the block thing! Jesus no wonder my feet were so dirty the next day. Man, I forgot more about this party than I remembered. I also apparently only took like five pictures. Shitballs.

Mmmm... rum.

10:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home