No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

HoChoSexual

I'm in a tornado zone right now. One of those places where there seems to be an equal amount of good and bad swirling around me and the sky is turning yellow and it may pass, or it may cook up one sweet mother of a funnel cloud. It's a delicate balance, my life.

I haven't done any school work this weekend, but I feel reasonable accomplished. On Friday I had my first academic shmoozefest, which was initially terrifying, and then (after two glasses of wine) became very enjoyable. Luckily there were lots of prof children there so I was able to warm up by having some very in-depth conversations with a 9, 10, and 11 year old about the books that they're reading. It always amazes me when people my age talk to kids that age as if they are 4. Is it that hard to remember what it was like? I was developing breasts and reading holocaust fiction at age nine for gosh-sanks.

After the shmoozing I came home to find three of my favourite people in the world and we proceeded to have a lovely night of wine, pizza, and Califonication. What more could you ask for? And that led into a Saturday afternoon with my new baby cousin... or baby of one of my cousins... either way we now seem to be Aunt Becky and Uncle Steve and that's kind of exciting. It's a little more real than Steve's nephews who are 17, 19, 22 who call me Aunt Bex. I love baby time. And Steve and I learned the word "Superpoo" which has now entered into our daily vocabulary.

And today was adventures in coat shopping. After trying on about 30 coats I finally found one. It was on sale for $50 and the stitching on the shoulder was messed up so they took off an extra $10! Suck on that! It was time for a new coat. The one I've been wearing for the past two winters was my grandmother's from the 70s I think, and there are holes in the pockets, the armpits, and all of the repairs I did to the ripped button holes last year had fallen apart this year. I wouldn't have made it through the -17 that's going to hit us on Thursday in that coat, so yay for new coat.

Now I'm waiting for Steve to get home from work on the couch in new pj pants and a hoody and I'm waiting for the kettle to boil for some ho-cho. That ain't bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tederick said...

Mmmm. Breasts and Holocaust. Together.

12:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home