No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Sculler and Muldy

I'm so very exhausted. I've gotten back into a funny phase of not being able to sleep, and then having ridiculous nightmares when I actually do drift off. It's not a good plan, especially since I have to get up and drag myself downtown every morning. Oh it's getting harder as it gets colder! Today was good though. I got an A+ on my presentation, and now I have one more to go and then three papers... it's do able... it has to be.

So now that I've survived my one academic deadline for this week I can breathe and try to get myself a little bit ahead. Or sleep. Last week was insane because I worked my ass off Monday to Wednesday and then jumped on a bus to Guelph for Thursday and Friday. It was a little much, but it was so worth it! I wandered around the Goo campus in a state of silly bliss and had lunch, coffee, and dinner dates with people before heading over to Sonal and Bex's house where I was assailed with love from their 5 month old puppy. It was also the big Goo craft show weekend, so I got the fun of wandering the show and trying not to spend too much cash. I did okay. It was just so nice to be there and to know that I still have connections and that I'm still welcome. I really needed that.

When back on Friday I headed almost directly to the annual weekend long music night that Steve has been going to since he was little. It was great but, again, I'm tired. Steve and I stayed up until almost 5am on Friday night which was fun, but threw me off my game a little this weekend.

Right now Steve and I are avoiding our readings by drinking tea and watching the Xfiles. It's taking us awhile to get through the first season, but we're enjoying it. I just have to make sure it's not the last thing I watch before sleep because it's clear that my dreams are not just of Duchov-love these days.

I'm currently taking a yin yoga class and I learned this week that it's quite likely my spleen is totally off balance. I gotta work on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home