No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Ossidious Emphatic

Today was filled with snow and groceries. So much snow. I joined a gym yesterday, which is exciting. I hope I go. I don't know. I was skeptical about spending the money, but with all this scary health stuff going on with me I thought maybe I would take some action.

In other action news... I'm cutting wheat, dairy, and sugar from my diet. Believe me, no one is less excited about this than me. T.J is thrilled. She tried to make grocery shopping fun today. I just can't see how eating soygourt is going to improve my life. We bought something called Kefir. It's some sort of faux-gourt drink. Hopefully the vegan cowboy will wander into our town next weekend since we're now totally prepared for vegan visitors. The only thing in our cart that wasn't wheat, gluten, and GMO-free was the bag of oreos Jess requested in order to try to KILL ME!

The date for splurging is valentines day, so send me your boxes of chocolates! And heart shaped cheeses. Oh cheese, how I will miss thee! (I refuse to lower myself to soy cheese!) God this is horrible! I'm not going completely cold turkey as one of the lasagnas we made is in the freezer for next week's dinner, but things are fizzling out. I feel like chocolate soy milk is going to become an obsession. Maybe if I only eat fair trade organic chocolate that's really expensive it will be okay? This will be entertaining at the very least. It's only the wanting milk in my tea or something sweet to eat with it that will be the big problem for me. Is honey better than sugar?

If anyone has some crazy freak recipes for insane people who cut things out of their diet it would be greatly appreciated. Especially if it's for cookies made with rice flour and some sort of magic sweetner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home