No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

"I'm sorry, but your rack does not indicate your age."

I had a thrilling night tonight. After the ridiculous amounts of toxins that my body has imbibed since Thursday night, I guess I needed the time off to do such thrilling things as rolling up the change in my change jar. Fifty six dollars ain't so bad.

It's been a good long weekend so far. Lots of quality time with my Steve, and hopefully some more tomorrow. I have some cleaning to do and some writing to do, and some laundry to do... but I just want to lay down and play tetris.

I feel like I've been dizzyingly busy, though that's not entirely true. I went to a Bat Mitzvah last night. It was frustrating because the servers didn't believe I was an adult and thus refused to serve me the adult meal I RSVPed for. I had to eat crappy kid noodles with ketchup like tomato sauce, they wouldn't give me my adult dessert, and I had to ask four people before someone would let me have a cup of tea. I haven't been so frustrated in a long while. It was just one of those things where I wasn't going to bother the family of the bat mitzvah, and none of the staff would listen to me, so I was entirely helpless to their ageism. BAH!

The entire evening did however yield me a pair of comfy flannel pants with "BEX" written on the ass though. So at least I'm comfortable and bitter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home