No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I'm trying to sing just enough so that the air around me moves

I spent today alone in the studio and it was really nice. I was feeling off this morning. I made my way downtown incredibly slowly, stopped and bought an expensive but beautiful latte, and started working. I just stayed in my head all day listening to the Beatles and Joni, and some excellent cds that my Steve left for me. This project is nice because once I get into the flow of things I can just sit and think. There are so many things that I want to get out of my head! So many projects of my own!

It's really nice to be in this artists space, and to be treated like I am capable of creating. There are so many different processes going on, it always surprises me when someone acknowledges what I'm doing, or encourages me to try something new. I often find myself getting scared of new art. I don't know why. I suppose I'm just intimidated because I'm usually experimenting around people who have already found their "voice", so to speak, in terms of their art. Maybe that's my goal of the summer. To become more comfortable with my own silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home