No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

This is the way, it's the way that we live, it's the way that we live... AS QUEERS!!!!!!

Ooooh Jess keeps tempting me with those leftover T3s. My swollen and sore throat has gotten to the point where I can no longer touch my ear to my shoulder because of the pain. I took things easy tonight and just beaded me a necklace and answered a phone survey (god I'm lonely sometimes), and watched a whole lot of tv. Tomorrow the study wave will crash around me and it's going to be powerful.

I feel like I probably shouldn't take the T3, but it's just so tempting. My best friend from childhood had the kind of mom who only ever gave T3s when it came to aches pains and migraines. She had a little kangaroo beanie baby that we called Skippy the Drug Lord and it used to have at least three T3s in the pocket at all times. When I got my wisdom teeth she brought Skippy over for me to hang on to and it was just about the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.

I feel like I've picked up these pseudo mothers and brothers and sisters along the way in my life. Does everyone find these intense connections with people or is there something about me that just needs to expand my family? Do I just love and depend on people too much?

4 Comments:

Blogger Tederick said...

"Skippy the Drug Lord" made me snort goo into my Crispix. But jeez, go to a doctor, yes? Not that that's been doing wonders for you lately but it sounds like you're in strep/tonsillitis/something you picked up from Matty Price sorta country.

9:25 AM

 
Blogger Tederick said...

Also: who the hell was that woman we ran into at the Second Cup who told me that I'd grown since the last time she'd seen me and that I'd had trouble keeping my yarmulke on my head at Ben's bar-mitzvah?

9:27 AM

 
Blogger Urban Faery said...

That was most definitely the owner of Skippy the Drug Lord herself. Hilarious. Yeah and the plan at the moment is NO DOCTORS!!!!! I just don't wanna. Lots of sleep and advil though. Oh my life.

10:55 AM

 
Blogger Tederick said...

Yeah but (not trying to sound like Mark here) if you actually have strep it ain't just gonna go away. You need the antibiotes, man.

And that is HILARIOUS that I identified Mama Drug from our strange yarmulke conversation.

12:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home