No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Bouillion. Bouillion. Future. Future.

I'm so overwhelmed by existance right now. Not even limited to my own stupid anxieties, I'm talking grand-scheme-of-things-mortality kind of overwhelmed. I had an excellent and beautiful weekend up at camp. It was just nice to breathe in clean air and taste fresh snow. I feel really satisfied with the amount of socializing I did and I even got some reading and writing done, so all in all it was a success.

The whole thing has made me all concerned about what to do about this summer. I have done the same thing every summer for the past fifteen years. So now that Spiral Garden is out, do I spend the whole summer up at camp? Or do I just find something entirely different to do? Which one of those falls under "Go big or go home"? I feel like it could really go either way at this point.

Today was really nice. We woke up and did some singing and reflecting, then Jess, Mel, Beth, Carolyn and I piled into the 'Burb and drove home. The 'Burb is a giant SUV. We played lots of Sarah Harmer and Alanis... all albums that we know all the words to. It was just one those drives where you feel like things make sense. The trees along the side of the road were all coated with sparkly ice, and it was all beautiful and magic like. I just feel like being out in the woods was what I needed to do this weekend. I just needed to breathe and see a little bit of reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home