No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Oh my god your skin is soft. I love your face.

I saw Hair for the third time last night. It was just so damn good. It's really sad to know that in less than a week it will all be dismantled and I'll never see those people again. Oh theatre, so cruel. It was the perfect last "pay what you can". I got there half an hour before the box office opened and there was a line around the block. I then made friends with a woman behind me and she helped me out by paying for tickets for my brother and his friend (because I had already reached my four ticket quota). The show was sold out and a huge number of the cast cried at the end when the whole house was standing and applauding. Oh I want that. I gotta get me back on stage and I gotta do it soon. Even if it's in the capacity of a crappy one-act. I just need to do something. At the moment, that something would seem to be stalking the cast of Hair. I don't know what it was about last night, but the energy in the theatre between the audience and the cast made the show ten times better than the last time I saw it. There were definitely flaws, but I am so glad that I was able to go back to that world one last time. Oh how I would love to be at their final show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home