No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Macaw-bre... "that's one spooky parrot!"

I have a mean cold right now, which is most definitely from spending the week with five year olds. Maybe I needed a good reason to spend a day lying down and eating soup. I wouldn't really mind the cold except for the fact that I can't taste anything. That bothers me. Anyway, I'm back in Guelph for a few days, which I definitely needed. I had a wonderful March break with the tinies, but some grown up time will be good.

I got to play teacher this week which was fun! I love five year olds because they're old enough that they know the system of how to listen, how to make a circle, and how to line up, and they see no reason to rebel. I only had six of them, so I was able to do some fun things that wouldn't have been possible with a larger group. I got to plan all of the programming and make some fun puppets and fun crafts. It kind of made me want to be a kindergarten teacher. I was holding on to that desire for awhile and then I kind of let it go... but maybe that would make me really happy?

One of my favourite moments of the week was when we were talking about our names at lunch time and a little girl asked a boy "Why is your name Bobby?" and the boy said matter of factly "Because my parents saw my penis." Good answer! Man they are hilarious! And underwear is the funniest thing ever! It's kind of funny how bodies, bodily functions, nakedness, and underwear are just always funny. Five year olds understand taboo comedy, even when they don't understand how a knock knock joke works.

It was a good week! Now I need to recover from my cold and get back to the big kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home