No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Monday, January 21, 2008

The Jews Are Okay!

The most hilarious Holocaust related thing just happened! Nomi has to watch Schindler's List for her class, so Dani, Tama, and I are watching it with her. I've never seen it before, so as soon as we put it in I was bracing myself.

Nomi hit play and we jumped right in. I was pretty surprised by how quickly we got to all the list business... but I figured it was more straight forward than I expected. The thing is... we've all seen movies before (and these three people have seen this particular movie before), and the fact that there were no opening credits should have tipped us off that there was something wrong. No no, it took us 51 minutes to realize that we had just watched the last hour of the film. I was holding my breath the whole time waiting for horrible things to happen, but it's a much happier film when you just watch the last hour!

Then it turned out that the side of the dvd with the first half of the film on it was cracked, so Nomi and I had to drive back to the video store and trade it in for the VHS. Now we're watching a much poorer quality, much more depressing version of the film.

We swear we're all really smart. It's the full moon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tederick said...

I. Cannot. Believe this.

1:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neither could we.

9:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home