No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

"Let's see if I can play 'Moon River'"

I'm incredibly stressed at the moment about my grad application. It makes me wonder if I actually want to take on the stress of grad school... but it's almost done. So I should just suck it up. Today I work, so tomorrow when I get back to Guelph is final edit day, and then I will do a dance as all my files upload.

My 28 kids are generally lovely. Tuesday night I was really nervous about them, but things are going well. I've been incredibly down in the last week. I feel like I'm pulling out of it a little bit, but I'm struggling.

Steve has been helpful though. He met me when I got in on Tuesday, bought me tea and a mini-Cinnabon, and then joined me in a tired stupor as we tried and failed to go to bed early and ended up trying to remember how to sing "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly...". Steve also learned that he's a musical prodigy playing songs on my shoulder. He CAN play Moon River, but it's hard to recognize with the little bursts of laughter in between.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home