No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

so close.

I'm sitting quietly in my room at the moment contemplating what "One sample of academic writing relevant to Women and Gender Studies" actually is. I want to hand in an essay about how the Amber Spyglass reconstructs the story of Genesis to put the gaining of knowledge and Eve's fall from grace into a positive light. In a way it's a paper about an adolescent novel being sex positive, and subverting what "loss of innocence" actually means. So is that relevant to women and gender studies? I think it is, I'm just worried that since I don't use any feminist theorists or beat my reader over the head with it, it might not be what an admissions committee is looking for. A friend suggested submitting two papers, but I feel kind of icky about that, and ultimately I really like this paper.

Deadlines are creeping up and it turns out that all that smart stuff I wrote over the last few years doesn't fit any requirements perfectly! Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home